ever since i post the gum paste cuppies...i've been showered with some emails asking me about the difference between fondant and gum paste/sugar paste. Well i will answer your question once and for all...
- what you use to cover your cake with. a sort of icing, you may flavor it as you wish but be sure to use quality food flavorings or you'll end up ruin your fondant.
- yes you may flavor your fondant
- You can cover your cake with it maximum 2 days in advance until the day of the event (remember fondant is a heavy icing choose your type of cake wisely and any longer you'll risk of the cake collapsing btw cake usually last for 3 days anyway so...)
- you may use fondant as decorations example like edible ribbons, skirting/garret (is that how you spell it?)
- you may make flowers using fondant but add in some gum paste into the mixture so that it could dry and harden well.
- but bare in mind that fondant will not go as hard unlike gumpaste.
- is what you use to make all sorts of flowers and decoration pallet/disk (like one i did for the fish cuppies)
- you DO NOT use this to cover your cake as this is not its intended use
- dry better
- can roll it thinner for the flower petals so it'll look more realistic.(but i like making ribbon roses instead its perfect for lazy people like me!)
- will dry and go hard