made this for my Mom's birthday yesterday...Proud to say that i've made it from stretch...
Sponge Cake: (i make 2 sets) 9" pan
110g self rising flour
15g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
125g caster sugar
125g soft margarine
- Place the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together with the wooden spoon, then beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy, alternatively use electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition until all the eggs has been incorporated and the mixture is soft and glossy
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the egg mixture and carefully fold it until all has been incorporated.
- Pour into a lined baking tin and bake at 160c for 30-35minutes or until done.
1 can of dark cherry
450g Rich's Topping Whipping Cream
Just Beat the whipping cream until mid stiff (this just means that just until it peaks, and DO NOT beat until it too STIFF), no sugar needed as its already sweetened.
- Take the cooled sponge cake and divide into 3 layers.
- Take some of the whipping cream spread them evenly with spatula.
- then scatter the dark cherries on it and sandwich them repeat to another layer.
- once assembled, use the whipping cream and cover the cake with it use a long spatula with the aid of some hot water to heat the spatula. this will help make the leveling easier and smoother.
- once done you can decorate it with grated chocolate and add the chocolate center piece in the middle of the cake. You can refer here on how to make the chocolate center piece/ chocolate modeling( http://sugarcraft101.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-modeling-pt2.html. )