look at that texture...just gorgeous and its moist too!
before i start, i'd like to wish to all my christian friends and also to those whom enjoy this particular holiday *you know who you are* a very happy happy Xmas and Happy New Year!!
today i'll be posting my all time fave sponge cake recipe...i was contemplating should i share this incredible recipe or just keep to myself? then after much consideration i decided to share this lovely recipe that i hold it dear in my heart hehehehe ~
this recipe is highly recommended , extremely easy to make with no time to spare...
errr this recipe was actually individual cakes (like bake in a remikin for individual consumption) but i was lazy to make such way so i just poured the batter into a 9" baking tin which is not so advisable...but it still turned out great...
LEMON SPONGE CAKE
1/2c all purpose flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4c melted unsalted butter
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1tsp lemon zest
2tsp lemon juice
- preheat oven at 180c .grease and sugar the remikins and place a disk of parchment papers at the bottom of remikins.
- beat eggs and sugar until pale and airy with whisk fitted mixer. this will be more or less 10-15minutes
- mean while sift together all dry ingredients
- combine butter, zest and juice and set aside.
- reduce speed on mixer add dry ingredients quickly but not all at once until just almost blended.
- add in the butter mixture and mix until just blended.
- spoon cake mixture into individual remikins leaving 1/2" for cake expension.
- bake for 20-25minutes
- best serve warm
if yo uclose your eyes and eat this just for a moment you'll actually think that its cotton soft cheese cake!