last week was a lazy weekend and i mean LAZY weekend! i'm on diet so when you are on diet, you'll feel extremely lazy to cook the whole complete meal (fyi i always cook at least 2 dishes to eat with a vege dish and a fish or chicken dish) to be eaten with rise...hubby haven had a decent dinner since i started my diet *giggles* he plead to me to cook something as he's bored eating outside.
so i reluctantly defrost chicken meat, dice manually the carrot, scrape my leftover sweet corn from the cob, celery sticks onions etc...actually i intended to make noodle soup then i remembered that i still have some puff pastry left in the freezer...Pot pie came to mind instantly...
so what you need is:
sufficient puff pastry
1 clove garlic
1 celery stick cut finely
1 bombay onion diced
1 small pack mix vege (i dun have one thats why i manualy dice everything)
2 piece chicken breast de bone and dice
1/2 can button mushroom (i dun have any so i didnt put any)
1/2c half and half cream
salt and sugar to taste
1 pc chicken stock cube
1tsp black pepper freshly ground
1tsp flour (+-) this is to thicken the gravy
1 egg lightly stired
500ml water/chicken stock (+-) - reserve a little and mix it with flour then set aside
2tsp olive oil for frying
1 bay leaf
- heat oil and gently saute garlic until fragrant then add in the chicken meat
- add in diced onion keep frying until fragrant
- add in bay leaf and other veges.
- fry until soft and tender then add in cream + water + chicken cube+black pepper
- stir gently then let it simmer.
- then add in the flour liquid. stir until the grave is lightly thickens. heat off and set aside
- let it cool slightly then add in egg mix well
- pour in the chicken mixture in individual remikins.
- cut puff pastry making sure that the size it larger than the remikins.
- wet the edge of teh remikins and stick the puff pastry on top it
- brush pastry with egg wash
- bake at a preheated oven at 200c