- pre heat oven at 180c. grease two 20cm/8" sandwich cake tins
- sift flour, cocoa, baking powder into a bowl set aside.
- melt butter and chocolate chunks and set aside.
- in a mixer fitted with a whisk beat eggs with sugar until volumed and pale.
- lower the speed, and add in the flour mixture just until almost mixed.
- then add in the butter mixture and gently fold in the butter until JUST mixed! (coz we don't wanna loose too much air)
- pour into the prepared baking tins and bake for 25-30minutes or until set. DO NOT OVER BAKE THE CAKE or it'll be dry!
- once cooked, let it cool just for a bit then turn out and finish cooling on the wire rack
- Sandwich together the cakes with the chocolate spread, then drizzle more on top to decorate.
for the spread :
i simply melt (using double boil method) beryl's dark chocolate about 100g-150g or so, then i add in 1/4c of whipping cream, 1tbs butter, a 1.5 tsp of light corn syrup and 1/2tsp of peppermint essence. mix well and ready to spread!