I woke up late coz i had a very late night watching my long due DVDs. So when i woke up that morning i felt like having something much more filling then my usual breakfast, so i decided to have brunch instead and before i knew it i've already started cooking my pasta and making the Marinara sauce. This is how i like to take my seafood with my pasta, with the richness of the tomato sweet sour flavor and the fragrant bay leaves and italian herbs oh yeah i do add a couple of table spoon of chilli sauce to add some 'zing' in it..(yeah we asian cannot run far from spiciness) just describing this makes my mouth waters *yumm* i just love this dish even if you go any italian restaurant and got your eyes crossed looking that their menus you can never go wrong with Seafood Marinara Pasta/fettucini, i know coz this is the only thing i'll order if i can't decide...
anyway...this is the recipe: (for 2 person)
what you need:-
2clove garlic - chopped
1 bombay onion - diced
1 large tomato - diced
1/2 can tomato puree
2tbs chilli sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
a dash of sugar
1 bay leaf
a dash of italian herbs
squid - cleaned and cut
prawns- clean devained
any white meat fish fillet - clean and cut to chunks (i use lemon sole fillet)
1 Lobster - cleaned and cut into half
How you do it:-
- saute garlic and onions until fragrant
- add in the tomato, bay leaf and italian herbs - stir for a while
- add in all the seafood except the lobster - stir until seafood is almost cooked
- add in the tomato puree, chili sauce and lobster stock- stir
- add in salt, pepper and sugar - simmer until the sauce is slightly thickens. - ready to serve
- Clean lobster, put it in a deep stewing pot.
- add in the 1/2c of water
- if you like you can add in a dash of salt
- close the lid, cook for a good 20 minutes of until done.
- when done cut lobster to half then topped it on the fettuccine, dress it! and serve
Beautifully cooked Lobster...look at the tender juicy lobster meat...yumm!