This is definitely a yummy treat. And kids would love to get involve into making these, its easy enough but please do take extra caution when making this with your kids as the Toffee is HOT! oh, you can dunk dipped apples into your favourite goodies such as chocolate chips, crisped rice cereal, and almond nibs...yummy yumm yumm...For this recipe, i suppose it'll be better if you use miniature apples such as maclntosh coz personally, i think if you use the regular apples (which often is large size) it'll take the fun (eating) away besides it'll be very sweet. I think i've seen those (malcntosh apples) in Bangsar Village centre but i didn't use that just a regular petite apples i got from Pasar Malam.
What you Need:-
A dozen of miniature apples
A dozen of Popsicle sticks or chopsticks (i use fruit sticks- works just fine)
1/2c golden corn syrup
1/2c unsalted butter
2tsp vanilla essence
some of your fave goodies!
How you do it:
- prepare the apples by washing and drying. stick the popsicle sticks into end of apples and place on parchment lined baking tray
- bring sugar and corn syrup and water to boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- cook without stirring, brushing sides of the pot often with water until sugar is a light caramel color.
- remove from heat and whisk in butter until blended.
- stir in vanilla.
- while toffee is warm, dip apples, swirling and swishing to coat. then you could dip it into your fave goodies if you like.
- place apple back on to the parchment to cool.
- if toffee become to firm to dip, no worries just reheat it over low heat stirring gently.
- store apples in a cool dry place. serve with maple walnut Ice cream.