This is great for tea time...we had this with a cup of coffee and it was oh so satisfying... you should try coz its easy to make
what you need...
1/2cups or castor sugar
4tbsp soft butter
3/4tsp active dry yeast
11/4cups of milk
This is how you do it:
- heat milk then stir in yeast and sugar, let it set/bubble for a while
- then mix all the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer for about 5 minutes or until the dough is no longer stick to the bowl.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and let it rise for a bout 45minutes or until doubled.
- then lighlt flour the table surface and start rolling. simply cut the dough then fry until golden brown.
- sprinkle or dust with icing sugar, ready to serve
- The dough is very soft so don't worry just work with it with a little bit of flour as you go along.
- this recipe can be use for sticky bun recipe.
- this doughnut recipe can be made earlier and kept frozen for future use...how great is that??