It all started when hubby became allergic to chicken...we (my son and i) wanted to buy hot dogs but in the market its mostly chicken hotdogs which hubby couldn't eat so i was browsing the net searching for recipes and i finally found one good one so i owe it to Ringo from MYR. Although I've altered it to our liking ^_^ but the method is the same non the less... so here it is...
500g minced meat
1tsp ground black pepper
1tsp Parmesan cheese
1tsp grated garlic
heat proof ziplock
- mix all ingredients until well blend and smooth.
- divide the mixture into 6-8 portions (depends on how many grams you want your hotdogs be) i make a 50g hotdogs
- roll the mixture into a 5-6" log, then wrap neat and tightly, twist and tie a knot at each end of the hotdog.
- repeat until all finished. pack the wrapped hotdpgs in a heat proff ziplock.
- boil water in a sauce pan when it starts to simmer then put in the hotdog pack and weight it with a heavy plate or such.( the pack will float you you need to keep it down)
- boil in a low heat for 45mins. then let cool and you can enjoy your sausage/hotdogs as you wish ^_^
->i haven't take any picture of the final product...i'll update soon