I bought this pumpkin last week and had forgotten about it coz our family had a terrible flu and all of us was just so tired and lazy (you know how it is with the spinning headaches, muscle sores, running nose etc) so today i was cleaning my fridge and i saw the pumpkin and lucky for me the pumpkin is still in a good shape. then i was wondering what can i do with the pumpkin then i remembered a pumpkin dessert i had in a thai restaurant. so i thought 'ok let try and do that...couldn't be that hard...'
It turned out great and try this recipe:
1 fairly ripe pumpkin - medium size
200g brown sugar
50g granulated sugar
250 thick coconut milk
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
- cut the upper part of the pumpkin, together with the stem, to a diameter of about 12cm. set aside the cut portion.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds to create a hole. clean it and drain the excess water.
- in a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar and the granulated sugar well until dissolved.
- Add in the coconut milk, ground cinnamon and salt, stirring well.
- in a sauce pan heat the custard mixture until slightly thick or when you see steam coming out from the custard - use medium heat. then set a side whilst continuing stiring.
- sieve the custard and pour it into the pumpkin shell filling it to the brim. cover with the cut piece.
- Steam in a medium heat for about 45mins to an hour. leave cool before cutting