Quiche (sebut dia kish) is a baked dish that is made primarily of eggs and milk or cream in a pastry crust. Other ingredients such as cooked chopped meat,vegetables or cheese are often added to the egg mixture before the quiche is baked (source: wikipedia).... and best of all its great for breakfast ;) !
I've made this coz i have a lot of chicken leftovers from yesterday roasted chicken which my hubby don't feel like eating (he never really eat the same thing twice) *roll eyes* yeah i know fussy! so thats why i made this lovely quiche which he ate more than half of 'em (he didn't know that its from the leftovers hahaha~) *grins*
What you need:
instant Pie crust
5pcs swiss mushroom (you can use canned mushroom) - sliced
chicken meat leftovers
1/4 carrot diced finely
some corriender leves chopped
1 small box whipping cream
some cheddar and mozarella cheese *optional but it taste better with it ;)
1clove garlic - chopped
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for frying
How you do it:
- Roll your pastry crust and fit it on to your pie pan. remember to prick the crust then bake it at 220c. for 15minutes then remove from oven let it cool slightly.
- heat the oil and fry the garlic until fragrant.
- then add in the mushroom, chicken, corriender leaves and carrots. salt and pepper to taste. set aside
- tehn in a bowl, mix in the whipping cream and eggs.
- season it with salt and pappers
- spread the mushroom mixture on the pie crust evenly then pour in the egg mixture
- reduce the heat to 200c and bake until slightly golden or until the eggs mixture frims up.